Gone buggy, any ideas

Username: Bob_ok

Post Number: 6
Hello,

I have posted a few times here, there was the new buld at 3 months and of course i had to get into the me too line for the service manual, thanks again Mr Lynch. Now after about 4 months with our new tv we still love it bulb be damned. However it seems a good sized spider likies it a bit more that the wife and i. She has set up house on the side of the screen i can get to so needless to say we are not thrilled about this. Ok enought venting now the facts:

It is a JVC Genessa D-ILA Model # HD52G887, with a build date of Febuary 2006. My question is how to attack the little bugger without causing more problems that its worth? Can i just remove the screws that retain the front screen and lean it forward enought to get a vacuum in there or is that a bad plan? If this is a bad plan or you know of a safe way to get the job done please advise.

Thanks in advance for the wisdom and have a very nice day,

Bob OK

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1123
Bob, about two years ago. I had a bug or bugs flying about my Hitachi RP. They were landing on the inside of my screen and then strolling about. This was very irritating to say the least. They finally went away on their own, but I did think about the problem. I wondered if putting flea collars over the air intakes might work. (There are two on either side on my TV, with a main exhaust in the rear.) The fumes might not kill the insects, but it surely would ruin their day, and I wouldn't have to open up the TV. Could any insecticidal vapors harm the TV? I do not know, but if those buggers come back I'll be tempted to take that chance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us