Sony DAV-DZ110

Username: Bosko

Post Number: 1
Hi all !!!

Can someone tell me if this home theater a good one is. I have read on some forums that it has problems with reading divx. But i am imppressed by the thing that the speakers have 720 W (rms) power. And if someone know this system, can u tell me if i can connect the pc and this system, so that i can have sound from those speakrs working as my pc speakrs. If u think this system isn't good, can u pls reccomend a good theater system up to 200$.
Thanks for answers !!!!

P.S. Sry for my bad english :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11327
Define good? Good as compared to what? You have to establish a baseline on what you think is good. Not a lot of members on this forum give high regard to Sony receivers. Take a look at Pioneer or Panasonic in that price range.

You may want to spend more time doing research on purchasing a home theater. Defining the quality of HT on its claimed "rms power" is never a good basis for purchasing.

As far as PC connections are concerned, you can connect most any PC with the proper audio output to a receiver.

Your English is not bad at all :-)

Post Number: 2
Tmx for your answer Berny.
I am mostly interseted in the power and the sound quality of the speakers. Becouse i have Genius SW-5.1 Home Theater speakers pluged on my computer, but the RMS of this speakers is about 150 W. And when i saw that the sony speakers have 720 w RMS, was that a lot more. I accutaly don't need the dvix player. I was just mostly interested on the sony becouse of the speakers. Till now i had my computer connected to the TV for picture.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11331
Is there anything wrong with your current set-up? What is it that you from the Sony that your current equipment is not doing? What do you want to gain by changing what you have now?

The higher claimed rating on the Sony will not ensure a better set-up. So keep this in mind.

Post Number: 3
With sony mostly i want to gain, is better and more powerful sound. The problem is that i don't know alot about the specs of speakers. What do i have to look at with the speakers, so that they are good. I always just looked at the RMS power and nothing else.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11332
If it is being used mainly for your PC, I would suggest just saving your money and keep what you have now. If you really want something significantly better than your current set-up you may want to look at something other than a Sony home theater set-up and you may want to rethink your budget.

But if you think that you can gain enough improvement by purchasing the Sony then do so.

Post Number: 4
Thank you for your help Berny.
:-):-):-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us