Sirround speaker placement

Username: Bigbrit

IN

Post Number: 8
Hello all, just wanted to let you know my HT is about complete, the room is 30ft x 20ft x 10 ft ceiling height with a 13ft diag screen. I'll add some pics soon. Question, my surrounds which are mounted to the sides of the rear seating position are facing down towards the seating area, is this the way to do it or should they be level, facing each other? I've heard both ways depending on who you talk to. Also my system is a 7.1 but I am using 5.1 set up at the moment and it sounds awesome. Rod...

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1120
Rod, next time you're in a good movie theater, check out the surround speaker placement and orientation. After all isn't the goal of all your work the replication of the movie theater experience?

On the other hand if it "sounds awesome" why change it?

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 47
I personally point the speakers level and not down toward ear level. this can create a more atmospheric effect instead of the surround speakers being almost distracting from the front channels. also as far as 7.1 i don't think that it is a huge difference but if you can easily pull it off in your room i would go for it. i am currenty trying to figure out how i can but it is difficult without a rear wall; my living room opens up to a "dining area" behind the couch. good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us