ATI DVI to HDTV Adapter troubles

Username: Jeffodw

Post Number: 4
I need some help with a Gigabyte ATI 9600 Video Card and connecting to a Samsung HDTV (Via ATI's DVI to YPrBr adapter)

The TV works fine and the Card will output to a Monitor using the DVI to VGA Adapter just fine... but I cannot access the Option in Display's control panel for YPrBr Device - I cannot click on it. Any Advice???

Locutus
Unregistered guest
You may have already figured this out but I believe you are supposed to set the resolution to any of your HDTV's supported ###p resolutions and select the DVI device.

Locutus
Unregistered guest
http://www.ati.com/support/manualpdf/CmpVidAd.pdf

This link should give you all the information you need.

Unregistered guest
I am connecting the DVI output of an ATI aiw 9800 pro to the DVI in of a front projector (Optoma H56). The DVI-D cable is 13m in length. Only managed to get a low resolution display (800x600) but the projector did not seem to be able to grab the 1024x768 resolution display. A range of frequencies had been tried.

Help appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have ATI 9200 and I have used DVI connection from the card to TV. At first, I was getting 480i display only but when I used ATI's DVI to YPrBr adapter, driver picked up option to enable 740i and 1080i mode. It is very close to having an LCD monitor after some tweeks both in TV and the display option. Let me know if you would like more details.

Username: The_know_it_all

Fort Madison, IA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a new video card with S-Video and yellow rca jack and DVI connection. My situation is that it works with the S-cord into my Mitsubishi 56 inch HD kind of hard to read. Tomorrow I get a HD Satelite from Direc TV. Should I plug it into the HD box S-cord input first or just play around with the settings on the video card?

Unregistered guest
I have a radeon 9200 card and want to hook it up to my sony 51 inch tv.cannot get a good picture at all using the dvi cable, so i purchased the ati dvi hdtv adapter.I cannot get this to work either. can someone please help me!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 67
What model of Sony is it?

Bronze Member
Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 68
David F Carvajal
Kind of a vague question. If you are getting HD it will go component or DVI to the HDTV. I suppose if the DirecTV box has an Svideo input that converts to component out you COULD do that but it won't help I would think and probably would make things worse.

What model is the Mits set and
What model is te new graphics card?

rami
Unregistered guest
i'm trying to hook up a ATI raedeon 9600 pro 256 ram agp 8x to the (purple) ATI DVI and component video adapter. The image i get is really red, flickers, and keeps scrolling across the screen really fast. i followed the ATI website instructions, but nothing seems to work. Any sugestions?

syed
Unregistered guest
I have a Radeon 9550 256MB. Picture quality is not all great with S-Video cabel. There is also a hum sound when is connected from pc to tv and there are also line visible on tv going up and down. Would Ati Dvi to componet adapter help.
Help Appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I noticed that ppl with the radeon 9200 have bought the DVI-TO-HDTV Adapter from ATI. I was wondering, it never said on the website that 9200 is supported...so before i buy, I was wondering if the mobile radeon 9200 will be able to use it?? I dont know much about computers..so i dunno if there is a big difference between the mobile radeon 9200 and the desktop 9200...since they share the same model number...im assuming they are equal.
Any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Anyone have success using the DVI to Component Vid adaptor with ATI Radeon 9200 cards and if so what driver are you using?

Unregistered guest
I got my adapter in last night.
first go to www.ati.com
get the latest catalyst drivers. make sure you have microsoft.net installed or catalyst will not run. Then run catalyst and it will have a component settings which has 720p,1080i settings. if you dont like the catalyst drivers. use powerstrip which works good but not as friendly as ATI.

Unregistered guest
I have a FireGL 9700 256MB version. Has anyone tried the adapter with this card? And also, there are versions of this adapter on ebay, they are black, but have the mode switches and look to be identical besides the color. Does anyone know if these are legit and work like the original ATI sold versions of the adapter?

GregVince
Unregistered guest
I bought a dvi to hdmi cable just to try if it would works with my tv. I have a Radeon 9200 and a Panasonic TAO 32" widescreen tv. I first tried the old drivers I had and it worked pretty well,the display was clear but the resolutions didn't fit very well. I installed the last drivers and catalyst. But now the image is very hard to read, I can't read the Catalyst panel. I have good resolutions of 1920/1080, it detect my panasonic tv with max res. of 1920/1080 at 60Hz. I have tried 30Hz, interlaced mode, DVI frequency reduction... nothing seems to work.

If I buy the dvi-component adapter and connect my tv with component instead of hdmi cable, can it be better? Or is it because my tv is interlaced at 1080 resolution and I can't get a better image?

weirnweoirnweoirnw
Unregistered guest
"syed said

I have a Radeon 9550 256MB. Picture quality is not all great with S-Video cabel. There is also a hum sound when is connected from pc to tv and there are also line visible on tv going up and down. Would Ati Dvi to componet adapter help.
Help Appreciated."

I too Would also like to know whether or not this ATI DVI-Component adapter will procure the described problem please?

Felton Nofenhofer
Unregistered guest
I have a 7000 series Radeon video card with dvi output and am looking for information regarding whether a dvi to component video adapter will work with this card before I buy one, anyone have any information on this?

Anonymous

I can't believe this. I just bought ATI's DVI-HDTV converter. When I set it up to my television, I couldn't read anything but huge print in 1080i mode. I sent ATI an e-mail about this and got an automated response telling me to reinstall the drivers. Then, I sent another response detailing the problem, complaining that the first response didn't address any of the issues I outlined. Then, I got the exact same e-mail in response! I called up their customer care, was on hold for twenty minutes (listening to how I should hang up and reinstall the drivers after visiting their web site), then finally spoke to a man who told me that at 1080i, you can't read small print. I asked him why I could when viewing HD broadcasts. He hemmed and hawed for a bit, sputtering out nonsense, then circumspectly told me that the adapter doesn't really support 1080i. He said that it only supports a 'fake 1080i.' I asked him to send me an e-mail stating that. He refused. Then I asked for his name and customer ID number and he hung up on me. I highly recommend not buying this product. I additionally hope no one viewing this ever has the misfortune of dealing with ATI customer service. Infuriating.

Username: Orc

Post Number: 4
Hi all. I am very much interested in buying a SONY KLV-S32A10E.
I downloaded the user manual and read that you must not connect your PC in the HDMI port of the panel, even though they allow you to connect DVI equipment to the HDMI port , using a DVI to HDMI adaptor. I have read many threads about other panels, where people describe how they successfully connected their PC using DVI to HDMI adaptor...And others that had no luck with it...The thing is, that I want to use my HTPC as digital source, thus I have to connect it in the HDMI port. Does anyone know if there is any problem with this panel doing so? Has anyone tried to connect the PC using DVI to HDMI cable with the SONY KLV-S32A10E ?

I am using an ATI RAdeon x700 Pro.

Unregistered guest
I don't know if this is helping anyone, but I've successfully hooked an ATI 700 pro into my HDTV (Toshiba theater wide 26 inch) using a DVI to HDMI connection. As for the small print I've used 800X600 for my primary display (as you can change that when you play games). Everything's been running fine no problems, no hums, no lines. My computer reads it as another moniter, and I had to fiddle a little with the resolutions to get things looking right. In think I'm using 1200X762 for playing Half Life 2 and it looks great! Hope this helps somebody

ptverhey
Unregistered guest
dont hook up you computer to the HDMI port on TV unless you have a specailty cable that blocks power surges.. you will fry your TV!!

Username: Danielb

Brisbane, QLD Australia

Post Number: 2
Need advice Re HDMI and a media centre.
I'm about to get a media centre custom made.
Features
Silvertone case with 7" touch screen
3.0ghz Dual Core processor
Latest Intel board
2 x 250gig HD in Raid config
Dual HDTV Tuner card
2 x dual layer 16xDVD burners
7.1 sound card
more..
I want to use my 50" Panasonic Plasma with HDMI and Nakamich AV-8 reciever driving Whatmough speakers.(extreme high end audio)
What specs should I look for to ensure maximum Audio and Video?
Is HDMI better than using the PC input on the plasma?

Anonymous

What is extreme high end audio???

BombSquadBob
Unregistered guest
I have a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro with VGA and DVI out as well as TV out via composite cable (yellow) I tried hooking the DVI out to My RCA 52" HDTV's DVI input. It looks good but overscans the picture so I can't see the start menu or other edges of screen. Is there a way to fix this. Currently I use the composite out and I get a decent picture but not as good as I'd like.

Username: Pitts

I am trying to go from a DVI port using an ATI Radeon 96 on my media center to a Pioneer Plasma 434, plugging into the HDMI port on the pioneer media box but I can't get a picture! Any ideas?

modacs
Unregistered guest
I have an ATI X1900 and a pioneer PDP-4350HD setup. I am using an HDMI to DVI cable that I purchased on Ebay. In order to get the HDMI input to work, you must first connect the PC and boot it. Once the Set detects a signal on the HDMI input you can go to the Menu>options>HDMI>enable hdmi input> auto detect. You can then reboot the PC the HDMI input will now function. On this particular setup, around 25 pixels are lost on the entire perimeter of the display, I have not yet figured out how to corect this. The Catalyst control center recognizes the monitor type as a pdp-4350, but reguardless of what setting is selected the outer perimeter is still blown, When a DVD is played, the prblem dissapears, and all is well. More experimenting ahead, I will check back on the forum to see if anybody else has solved the problem.

Username: Babybadger

I have a Sony PC rs322 with ati radeon 9200le card in it. I am trying to get it to connect to a Samsung LE32R41BD (hdmi). I have put the hdmi to dvi connector on and it views on the screen, but you cant see the system tray etc. When i go to display settings it says it is a 'plug and play' monitor and only gives me 2 settings. Anyone got any ideas? Are there any drivers for this LCD or is it the ATi drivers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us