Subwoofer below DVD player?

Bronze Member
Username: Hamjones2

Post Number: 32
I have a big TV unit with my DVD player and playstation sitting in a shelf below the TV and above a cupboard. Can I put the subwoofer in the cupboard while using the DVD player or playstation or would the vibration be too much for them and possibly damage the disks? The cupboard, shelf and TV are all in the one unit separated by wood.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 140
Very bad Idea!

You DO NOT want your subwoofer in the cupboard. By doing so, it wont damage the discs, but you'll be creating an acoustic and vibration nightmare. The sub needs to be placed in an open space.

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 12
If you REALLY want to do this (I agree with Rush it's a bad idea) BUT if you will die if you don't ;) I would strongly recommend that you cut the side of the cupboard where you would place the subwoofer vent so that the air escapes and place some sort of sound deadening material underneath the sub if it's downward firing. LOL it's crazy and I'm laughing at even suggesting it but if you really have to then give it a try.

Oh yeah and save the piece of wood you cut out of the cupboard in case it sucks haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
ok thanks, the only reason i was going to put it in the cupboard was because the only other place was in the corner of the room, and also i thought it would be good because its like a box so it makes it louder or something???

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 13
Gavin, the subwoofer box has already been designed to sound great in itself. No need to place a box within a box you'll just muffle the true sound and rattle the heck out of your cupboard. The corner of the room is probably the best place. I usually position the firing hole at the audience.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Thanks, I've always wondered whether you were supposed the face the speaker or the hole to the audience

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1279
"I usually position the firing hole at the audience."

Really? What sub do you have?

Most subs I have known or had were either downfiring, or they recommended to face the firing hole towards a wall, preferably in a corner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us