New Pioneer HTP55HD

Username: Camperbc

Post Number: 1
Can ANYONE out there tell me anything about this new 5.1 HTIB with seperate receiver, DVD player, HDMI? I take it that it has just come on the market, as there is nothing about it, even on the Pioneer website. It is sold through Futureshop stores in Canada at $700. the system is included with my Hitachi 50", which is being delivered on Friday. I hope the 4 tallboy speakers sound much better than the usual cubes included in similar Pioneer packages. Here are the specs:

Mfr. Part Number: HTP-55HD
# of Speakers in Package, Including Subwoofer 6
2-Way Centre Speakers Yes
2-Way Main Speakers Yes
2-Way Rear Speakers Yes
Component Video Input/Output 1 Output
Disc Capacity 1
Dolby Digital EX No
Dolby Digital Surround Sound Yes
Dolby Pro Logic II Yes
Dolby Pro Logic Surround Yes
DTS Decoder Yes
DTS ES No
Frequency Response 45Hz - 20kHz
Front-Panel A/V Inputs 1 Front Audio In (Mini Jack)
Headphone Jack Yes
Hook Up Wires Included Yes
Included In Box See The Features Section
Includes DVD Player Yes
Magnetically Shielded Yes
Multiroom Capability No
On-Screen Display Yes
Preamp Outputs No
Product Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labour
Product Weight 8.6 kg
Progressive Scan DVD Yes
Remote Type Standard
S-Video In/Out 1 Output
Speaker Colour Black
Stereo Audio Inputs/Outputs 3 Inputs, 1 Output
Subwoofer Colour Silver
Subwoofer Power 100 Watts
Subwoofer Size 6.5"
System Colour Silver
THX Select No
THX Ultra II No
Total System Power, Including Subwoofer 1000 Watts
Video Monitor Output 1 Output

If anyone has any info about this, I would LOVE to hear from you! I listened to it in the store and was blown away.
Upload

Post Number: 4
Just want to update. My Pioneer system (and big screen) arrived today, and though it took forever to get things callibrated, (there's a gazillion settings on this thing!) I am happy to report it sounds spectacular at all volume levels, with all types of music. I tend to forget that it is only a $700 HTIB. I never would have thought it was possible to achieve this level of sound quality for that price. Truly remarkable.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11070
That is all that matters doesn't it? :-)

Enjoy!

Username: Mastermoni

Did you have to buy the red/white stereo audio cable for the combo? Because i got that same package but whith a 55"...I bought a Monster AV cable and they said it was neccessary..so what did you need to buy?

Post Number: 5
No, I didn't use a regular red/white stereo cable, but went with an HDMI connection from the digital cable box to the TV, digital coaxial from the cable box to the receiver, another digital coaxial from the DVD player to the receiver, and an HDMI from the DVD player to the TV. The cables were costly, but I wanted to get the best possible performance from the system. Once it was all hooked up, it took a long time to get the receiver's many settings just right, but now it sounds great. I used both Monster brand, and Rocketfish, which is Futureshop's own brand of high quality cables, and every bit as good as Monster, but a little less expensive.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to help you in any way. I hope you enjoy your new system.

Post Number: 2
All I did was just use the normal connections..then used the monster video from dvd to tv...and digital coaxial supplied from the HDMI Receiver..now I have to adjust the settings....Its very complicated and I cant get them to work. I tried the quick setup..yet I dont understand how its not working..help..?

Post Number: 6
Hi,
You mentioned "...and digital coaxial supplied from the HDMI Receiver.."
A digital coaxial cable is NOT provided with the receiver. They provide an extra thick VIDEO cable, which one could mistakenly think is digital coaxial. That may be your problem. Otherwise, if you have HDMI from DVD to TV, and digital coaxial from DVD to receiver, it should work.
Let me know if you were thinking the thick provided cable was digital coaxial.

Post Number: 3
They said that I didn't have to buy any extra cables in order for it to work. I used the Monster Video 2 cable from dvd to tv, instead of the one they supplied. Also one of the assosciates showed me the setup. It all looked similiar and the grey cable that came with the package was on bottom left side of receriver, the last one. Maybe I have the colours mixed up for the monster cable..But I put them all in the same colour. Since there was red and the both left were greenish/blue..they said you could use the monster video cable instead of the HDMI cable in the catalogue

Post Number: 7
I am confused. In an earlier post you mention a Monster AV cable, now you say a Monster video 2 cable. Also, you earlier said your HT package included a digital coaxial cable, which is incorrect; it only comes with cheap red/white RCA cables and a cheap yellow video cable.
So, it depends whether you have an HDMI cable or not, to run from the DVD player to the TV. If not, you can use the regular (supplied) video cable, or get "component cables".
The digital coaxial (you say you have this) goes from the digital coax "out" on the DVD player to the digital coax "in" on the receiver.
However, if you didn't go out and buy a digital coaxial cable, then you don't have one, as they are not included with the package. As for the Monster brand cable you bought, I am still unclear as to whether it is an HDMI or a regular video cable, much like the (yellow) one which came with the HT package. You will have to tell me what is says on the packaging it came in.
I can probably be of more assistance if I knew exactly what cables you now have, but if you follow my last post, it is a simple matter of
a: HDMI cable from DVD player to TV, then digital coaxial from DVD player to receiver or
b: the supplied (yellow) video cable from DVD player to TV, then the supplied red/white cables from DVD player to receiver.
I splurged and bought the HDMI and digital coaxial cables for mine, but it will definitely work using the supplied (lower quality) cables.
Let me know exactly what you have in the way of cables, then I can help you better.
Good Luck!

Post Number: 4
Ok..I got ablack cable with a yellow design on the handle..then i went out and bought the Monster Video 2 cable. Which im guessing goes from dvd player to tv. I used the supplied black cable with yellow markings on the receiver to dvd player. As I was following the instructions given. Then used the monster video 2 cable to connect the dvd player to tv

Post Number: 8
OK, Good news! I went back to look at the (included) black cable with the yellow ends, and it IS a digital coaxial for your audio. So, your audio is all looked after. Just plug it into the red jack on the LEFT HAND SIDE of the DVD player (just above the "s-video" jack), and the other end to the digital coaxial "in" on the receiver; it is situated at the FAR LEFT BOTTOM of the receiver.
As for the "Monster video 2" cable, I am not exactly sure which cable you have. It could be an "s-video" connection, or a component video connection, an HDMI, or it could even be a group of audio and video cables together, as in a complete set of "component" cables for both audio and video. You will have to clear this up for me.
If the cable you bought is just a video cable, then yes, it goes from the DVD to the TV, as you suggest. Same for s-video.
You cannot go wrong. The only thing which remains to be seen, is what type of Monster cable you bought. (regular video, s-video, HDMI, or component with 3 cables together.
The diagram on the blue and green sheet shows how to hook everything up.

Post Number: 5
I have the component cable...and should I just change the 3rd step in number 5 with the cable? Also how do I set it all up?

Post Number: 9
If you have a component cable, it has three connections on each end, one for the "pb" (blue), "pr" (red) and "y" (green)jacks.
Just plug them in accordingly, from the blue, red and green jacks on the DVD player, to the blue, red and green jacks on the back of the TV, then hook up the digital coax from the DVD player to the receiver, and you are in business.
As for the setup, to start out, just do the quick setup, until you become more familar with the system, and the different functions of the remote.

Post Number: 6
Ok then I guess I plugged them in wrong

Post Number: 7
ok i hooked up the Component cables...I did the quick setup and still its not working..i turned the receiver on and the dvd player too, what do i need to do inorder to make it work, like the settings or whatnot

Post Number: 10
I am fresh out of suggestions. If you hooked up the cables the way I said, and you did the quick setup, then it should work just fine. I just read back through everything I have written to you over the past few days, and there is really nothing else I can add. If the included instructions make no sense to you, and my advice is of no benefit, about all you can do is call the people who sold it to you.
I wish I could have been more help.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11173
Where is the owner's manual during all of this???

Post Number: 8
Haha, ok I'll write everything that I did in detail. I hooked up the speakers to the receriver, i hooked up the digital coaxial from the dvd to the receiver (I checked the connectivity and it is correct), next I hooked up the Component cables from the DVD player's component plugs to the TV's input 4 plugs. Then I turned on all the devices, went to input 4. I have a hunch there is something to do with the setup, I went to the audio menu of the tv, Maybe you can tell me what i can do here, and with the dvd player, I set it to Digital ouput, what else? Then the receiver, I did the quick setup, chose M and Front, then enter, and still nothing. Does it have to be a specific source in which I can hear the Surround Sound or anykind of source, like a 5.1 program or am I just mixing things together? I'm getting extremely confused.

Username: Kevinli_2006

Glen...Thank you for your detailed description about setting up the Pioneer HTP55HD home theater...I still have one question of the coaxial cable...It's written on the cable saying that it's an OFC premium high definition VIDEO cable...Do you think it's the digital coaxial cable which can be used to connect the DVD and the receiver? Many thanks...Kevin

Username: Mkhela

Hi Guys, I just got this system and have it all set up with the wiring they supplied. It sounds great and I'm happy with it.

Has anyone set this up with with the highend speaker wires? And if so it make a difference in sound?

I never got any user manual with it. Instead they gave a flyer explaning most things. Is that what you got too?

thanks

Username: Kevinli_2006

Post Number: 2
Except that the DVD player has a user's manual, the receiver just has something like a flyer. But it seems good enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us