HK avr 340

Username: Pynkfloyd

Post Number: 2
Hello All

The HK AVR 340 receiver has a lot of features that make it easy to configure, however I was a little upset when I learned that the tone controls are considered a DSP setting that can be changed in 2 db increments as opposed to analog knobs that can be precisely set.

I find the manual goes into great detail on some features and just skims by others.

My question is.
Can the tone settings be set differently for each input? The reason I am asking is.
1 The tone can only be changed on the front panel or thru the OSD menu.
There is no tone button on the remote that would simply allow you to change the settings without actually turning on the TV.

2 I would think that HK would realize that different analog devices not to mention radio would have to be EQ'd differently, therefore allowing the receiver to save different settings for each input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 435
The digital world is not one for equalisation. Most digital products only support "flat" response, i.e. no "tone-in". The HK will have savable settings for ea input as long as you have "tone-in" selected, but you will not find a lot of discrimination available, probably only bass and treble if your receiver is anything like mine (yours is a newer generation). Your best bet if your a big analog fan, is to run your eqpt through an external equaliser.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us