100% HT- anything left?

Bronze Member
Username: Andruw25jones0

Post Number: 18
All right I have a question. This has to do with my final set-up and decision. This is for a 100% HT, so remember that. I am going to buy the Denon AVR-3806 receiver. I am going to also buy 2 Model 2200 M-Block Amplifiers from Outlaw Audio. Other hardware will include a Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player. I also *already* have a Motorolla HD cable box from Comcast and a 51" Sony KDF-50WE655 Rear Projection LCD tv. I also already have a Sony RM-AV2500 Integrated Remote Commander, which is my universal remote control. As far as the speakers go, I am going to purchase the Polk Audio RTi10's for fronts, CSi5 for the center, and 4 FXi3's for the 4 surrounds. The subwoofer will be a PB10--NSD from SVS. I also plan on geting the Avia Calibration DVD and Radio Shack SPL meter. For the speaker wire I plan on getting Liberty High Definition 12 gauge speaker wire. I will also pick up 2 Blue Jeans HDMI cables. This will be my set-up for my Home Theater. Is there any final recommendations for this set-up. Any last suggestions, or is there anything I am missing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 21
why are you going with an HD DVD player instead of a blue ray player?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
well I have read some reviews on the Blue Ray player and it seems to have some flaws. Plus the price of it does not really interest me at all. Ill stick ti the 500 dollars and 25 dollar dvd's. Thanks for the response.

Bronze Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 22
well from what i hear there is not much future for HD DVD and most of the blue ray discs i see are $25. really i think you would be better off just getting a quality up conversion player like the denon 2910.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1255
Tommy I wouldn't recommend the HD-DVD player either. At this point it is a gamble on technology that hasn't settled even besides the Blue Ray fight. I would go with a better DVD player at lower cost until this fight is settled and the prices come down on whoever the winner may be.

Bronze Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 23
if there is a winner at all (look at SACD and DVD audio). in a couple of years the players will be better quality and cheaper, and it will be clear if either format is going to succeed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
bump to original question

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 434
I love Polk speakers, and have enjoyed my 10's immensely, however the Polk Subs leave a lot to be desired. Try looking at some dedicated Sub manufacturers.

On a related note, I got to audition the BD, it blew. It wasn't even better than an upconverter playing beside it.

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 75
All my stuff is polk but dood save yourself some money and go with a set of fxi5's for your rears and rti4 for your sixth channels you'll be glad you went with the better speaker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Thanks for the feedback... any other comments on my set up I am thinking about getting would be wonderful. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 270
What are the mono blocks for, the Denon will handle those Polks. $400 for the RTi10's and $325 each for the Model 2200 M-Block thats $1050, you can get a lot of speaker for that. Maybe you should forget the mono blocks and get better speakers. Paradigm http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeries/Mon itorSpecs.htm

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 271
Sony KDF-50WE655, with that TV I would not waste the money on HD-DVD. Try a less expensive up converting model till the dust clears.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Thanks ofr the responses so far. Any more will be greatly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us