Selectors?

Username: Solar07

Post Number: 6
My current setup all depends on my selector, or it did. My xbox 360, PS2, XBOX where all running into a pelican selector via component and Opticle. My Receiver only has 2 opt, and one coaxial. So my dvd players opticle runs directley into the receiver through opt1, and into tv with HDMI1. Cable box uses coaxial1 on receiver, and HDMI2 on tv. Since I only had one opt left on the reciever I bought a pelican selector , and hooked the consoles into it and fed it into the receivers opt2. It sucks because my TV has enough components to suffice but I ran out of opt on my receiver. Anyway, last night one of the component connectors on my selector broke so now I have to buy or change somthing.
What I am wondering is, does using a switcher degrade quality at all. Cause my options are.
1.buy a new selector, recomend some if you know some good ones please.
2. Alleviate selector and remove some consoles or put them to analog audio. DEF NOT THE 360 THOUGH.
3. Buy a New receiver that has more opt ins but man Id hate to spend the money.

Let me know. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 119
Run all your audio through your receiver and run all your video through a switch box.

Gefen has always been fairly reasonable and built to be compatible for HDMI. If you have components without HDMI, your receiver should be able to handle them too.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 411
I don't think that is what the problem is West. He is not lacking in video inputs, its audio inputs, so he is taking up the slack with a switch.

As to SQ issues with a swith, I have no idea, you will have to wait for someone with more technical expertise. As to your options, assuming SQ is not an issue, buy another switch. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us