Sony HT-K25 Home Theater System

Username: Pnixonuk

Post Number: 1
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. Our builder recently trashed the wiring for our surround sound system. Can anyone tell me where I can source the speaker plugs that connect into the back of the subwoofer. There are five two pin connectors coloured red, green, white, grey and blue. Thanks for your time. Regards Nick

Username: Coquirabioso

I have a mitsubishi ws55711. The green light blinks continuosly and I am unable to power on the television. Nothing allows me to get the light from blinking want can do...

Username: Stan079

I haven't used my surround sound for a while. I put a DVD on over the weekend, plugged in my Sony theatre system and then nothing. The disply from my HT-K25 shows DVD and every now and then "UNLOCK" appears and at the bottom OPT (don't know what that means).

Any information would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1289
First of all William and Stan, it is very rude to cut in on someone's thread. Start your own.

Paul (or Nick) I don't understand the question. is the wire messed up on the subwoofer side or the receiver side? I assume you mean the termination is somehow screwed up.

Post Number: 2
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Its the termination at the sub woofer end that I am looking for.
Regards
Paul Nixon

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
More likely than not only 1 pair is actually used. I would get a signal tester, turn on your receiver and see which ones receive signal. Is the sub's end an RCD type plug.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
?

I forgot the ? :-)

Username: Stan079

Post Number: 2
Apologies for cutting in on this thread, didn't really know what was required on registration.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
Just click on Start a new thread on top of the thread pages.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11306
Paul,
The wiring you have pre-installed is not designed for a subwoofer line. The subwoofer is usually active and connected directly to the receiver's subwoofer output via RCA.

The colour coding is as follows

Front Right - Red
Front Left - White
Center - Green
Surround Right - Gray
Surround Left - Blue
Subwoofer (if provided) - Purple

Post Number: 3
Hi

Thanks for the information. Sorry, I appear to have caused some confusion. First, all the components are functioning correctly. However, I am looking for the connectors that terminate the speaker wires and plug into the back of the subwoofer. The connectors are coloured Red, White, Green, Blue and Grey. If you can tell me what type of connectors they are that will be great.
Thanks for your time
Kind Regards
Paul

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11313
It depends on the jacks in the back of you subwoofer.
Are they spring clips, screw down or 5 way jacks? All of these can actually take bare wire and does not necessarily need any special terminators or connectors.

If they take RCA jacks or proprietary connecting hardware...that would be a different matter.

Post Number: 4
Hi Berny

If the subwoofer took bare wires, there would not be a problem. However, the subwoofer terminals take a double connector on each terminal. The connector is an oblong shape and terminates the plus and negative wires from each speaker.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11318
Proprietary stuff,huh?
What brand subwoofer is this?

Post Number: 5
Hi Benny
Thanks for your reply. It is a Sony SSMS25 subwoofer supplied with the surround sound system.
Regards
Paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us