Home theater/audio recommendations sought

Username: Jprocopi

Post Number: 1
In the market for a new home audio/video system. Budget is around $5,000. First and foremost, the system needs to sound great with big sound. My first love is music rather than watching DVDs or playing video games (though I do those too). What I'm looking for is any advice on brands, models and how much to spend budget-wise for each of the below. The room is roughly 13x19 feet and the tv-viewing area ranges from around 8-15 feet.

need:
receiver
speakers
hd tv
dvd recorder
??

have:
cd player (sony 5-disc)
cd burner (hhb burnit)
equalizer (toshiba 7-band)
playstation 2

Would love to add Sirius radio, remote/outdoor speakers, and as a PC audio link down the road as well.

Thanks in advance.

John

Username: Bobby_steelz

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I'm not all technical like all the others on this board, but if I were you I'd go with Polk Audio for your sound and Samsung with you picture. Don't be sucked into the Sony black hole..I still respect Sony but as of late parts have gotten cheaper in their televisions, just ask to see a warrenty return list of some of thier sets. Amazing how 5 years makes a difference.

As for your reciever, I've always used Yamaha but my brother uses Harmon Kardon. Both are excellent with power and price.

All up to you though man, take your time though and don't listen to the shady salesman...they make more on sonys but if he straight and honest..Sony won't be the first set he shows you!

Peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us