New HT setup with Samsung plasma & Sony

Username: Seachunk2

Post Number: 1
This will be my first Home Theatre setup. I just purchased a Samsung 42" plasma HDTV and I'm considering buying a SONY HT6900 home theatre system for $350(new). Or else, I could use pairs of Bose 701, 301 and 101 speakers that I already own and purchase what ever else I need to make up a custom surround-sound system. Would utilizing the Bose speakers be a good choice being that I already own them? If so, what other components would I need that would make up a good system but would run under $400 budget? One idea is to use the Sony for the parts I need (i.e. 5 disk DVD player, subwoofer, 1000W receiver, center speaker)and the Bose speakers in lieu of what came with the box system. If that makes sense, I'd be all set for the $350. Any suggestions? Thanks,Sal

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10113
Consider selling the Bose speakers, unless you are really impressed with the sound. I'm sure you will get a great return for them.

Add up the money you get plus the $350 for the Sony and consider something totally different.

Then look at Harman Kardon/Pioneer/Yamaha receivers plus Athena speakers. Worlds apart from the Sony/Bose combination.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us