Difficulty with Sony 50000 ES Receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 29
Need some help here because I am getting frustrated- my Sony 5000ES recever will not switch video when the source is switched unless it is component video into the receiver. My Playstation enters through composite and my computer through s video, and my only two component inputs are taken up by my DVD changer and Cable box. The receiver's compnonet video outs go into my plasma. As I understand it, it should be switching the video with the audio as long as I am not going "down" in type of connection (i.e. component video into receiver with s-video or composite coming out). I spent an hour or so on the phone with Sony and their final response was that the receiver has a bad video processor which was common with that model. I just want to be sure that I (or Sony)am not overlooking anything before I go several weeks with the receiver being repaired by Sony. Any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1199
Furyous you'll have to figure out a way to reset the receiver. If you don't have the manual, look it up online. It may be it's software is in an error state and it just needs a kick in the bott.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 358
Yea, reset to factory defaults and start over, if you encounter the same problem after that, then you do need to send it in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us