No sound in subwoofer @INSIGNIA HC-040917

Username: Tumbleweed

Post Number: 1
Hi folks.
Here is my story.It started Abt 2 month ago, on the garage sale i found set of brand new speakers from Samsung HT-P38. Guy used DVD unit for better speakers he had.and didn't need those came in the box.So i got speakers. And i started looking for home theater to hook it up.Finally I got this thing from e-bay,INSIGNIA HC-040917,(c'mon, i'm green newbie, i just wanted to have lil bit of surround to watch couple movies a week ).
So i started to hooking it up. And "fun" began. First i find out speakers i had was only 3 Ohm.and note said "make sure ya have 6-8 Ohm speakers!" So i ran to Radioshack, trying to find 5 Ohm resistors.Sure enough, they didndt have it. I had to buy 10 Ohms, solder 2 in series and 1 paralel to get 8 ohm.Finaly i got it all together.Hooked them up. Evrthng works,all the modes and settings but one: Can't get signal from subwoofer. I checked it with multimeter, nothing. Others showing volts and amps coming out.But not sub. Please if someone know what could it possibly be.And how to fix it. I wonna keep unit for a while.
P.S. On "Adjustments" I set all speakers -S, 10 dB, subwoofer -Y, 10 dB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us