VR-605 display needs repaired

Username: Icelark

Conway, AR USA

Post Number: 1
well, b/c I can't find a specific forum for it, I decided to just post it in here. I have had this receiver for 2+ years and it is quite nice for being so cheap.

Here is a link to one selling on ebay right now
(http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Kenwood-VR-605-5-1-Channels-Receiver_W0QQitemZ2800 12704590QQihZ018QQcategoryZ39796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

However, there isn't much tech support/manuals for it on the net. So, my problem is this: the display is flickering. I can tap on the window and it will come back on, but it is getting very annoying. The receiver is way out of warranty, so i've taken it apart to see if I could find anything that had blown out or looked out of the ordinary. Well, since that was my first receiver to see the innerds of, I had no clue what to look for. However, I did notice a large black "burn" circle on the back side of the display module. Don't know if it is the cause, and I definitely wouldn't know how to fix it.

Does anyone here have experience with this on other receivers? And if so, how did you fix it yourself?

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9093
Time for a new receiver or just tolerate the flickering.

The reason there is no specific forum is because no one bothers to repair it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us