Need Some Help

Username: Mog108

Post Number: 1
Well I'm very new to sound setups. Ive dealt with them for years on my PC but never really had the urge to put anything on my tv- so now I have a really quick question- hopefully someone can answer

I currently have a logitech 5.1 speaker setup for my pc. Has the black green and.. orange i think, 3 plugs into my sound card. Works fine. Alright. I just purchased a new TV. It has a red/white audio output.

Logic tells me 2 plugs and 3 plugs dont mesh well so.

Whats the middle? While I would love surround sound, I'm actively pursuing cheap in its stead. So what are some ways to go about connecting these in order to make use of all 4 speakers?

Any help would be great- thanks!

-Ryan

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1172
Ryan hooking up pc speaker to your TV will not give you surround sound. PC output is digital and it spreads the sound around. TV output is analog for two speakers and there is no amplification.

I can appreciate your need do this cheaply, but I'm afraid you are looking in the wrong place.

Username: Mog108

Post Number: 2
alright thats fine- is there any way i can hook those speakers up in a format that will use all 4? even if not a digital surround, just making use of the speakers is my primary goal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us