Klipsch Speakers with Yamaha Receiver

Username: Heymaynard

Post Number: 5
Ok after changing my mind over and over and over I have decided to go with Klipsch Speaker system witch include. My only concern is I will be using it with my Yamaha receiver and I know that these speakers can be bright some time was wondering if any body is running this combo? ( Klipsch Speakers with Yamaha Receiver ) Thx.

Center - RCX-4
Front and Surrounds - RSX-5
Sub - RSW-12

Bronze Member
Username: Hawker152

Post Number: 17
I am running Klipsch speakers with a yamaha HTR-5990 reciever. It sounds amazing to me and im pretty picky when it come to sound. What receiver are you planning on using?

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 64
that 5990 is more than enough and is a WILD reciever for the price

Post Number: 6
I am leaning toward the HTR-5960BL I like the Ipod option. I am only going to be using 5.1 but I like the idea of using the two extra channels for my deck and some out door speakers. Thanks for the input.

Post Number: 7
P.S. I just checked the out the HTR-5990 and WOW is a wild one but a Little over kill for me.

Username: Bluehawki

U.S.A.

Post Number: 5
What were your speaker choices, I'm looking at the Paradigms. Titans for fronts,PDR-10 FOR SUB
CC270 FOR Center and Cinema for rears. also was looking at Yamaha RX-659BL Ipod, XM, HDIM for under 5hundred..

Post Number: 8
I was Looking at the

Cinema 8
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=732

But am still looking at the.

RB-51
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=1022

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
I've heard the RB and it was awesome. With the rb tho the 5990 wont be overkill you'll need the power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I'm loving this system

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=1018

I think if I ever sell my system I will upgrade to it

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8877
The RB series will not require you to have a lot of power from your receiver. These speakers are very efficient and can be driven by a majority of receivers on the market. They should work well with Yamaha, but you really need to listen to them first as paring them with that particular Yamaha model will produce a very "in your face" kind of sound. It is not for everybody.

What else have you listened to?

Post Number: 9
For some reason I always liked the Horn tweeter and the more open and dynamic sound of the Klipsch ( Basically a lot of sound for a smaller speaker) as for speakers I have listen to or looked at Here we go.

Listen Two.

Energy
Paradigm
Def Technology
Boston
Vienna Acoustics
Polk
Bose ( yea yea tried to give them all a fare shot as much as I hate them )
JBL

Have considered but do not have a local dealer to listen to.

Aperion Audio
Orb Audio
AVI123
Axiom Audio
Ascend Acoustics

Wild card

Cambridge Sound works ( have a dealer but have not been able to make the trip )

Specifically http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=ht_systemsrec%26i tem%3Dk1pk720zz

Post Number: 10
Opps link did not come through but its the

Cambridge SoundWorks Newton Theater MC300.5 Home Theater Speaker System

Gold Member

Post Number: 8881
That is quite an extensive list...if you still have Klipsch in your heart, then you have established a preference for the sound of Klipsch and horns. You should be very happy with those. I think the only thing that will come close will be the Axioms.

I am not a big fan of Cambridge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yea I like the Axioms idea but I can get Klipsch in my town and I can listen to them so they kind of trump the Axioms

As for Cambridge it's more just being curios if anything else form what I have seen and read they took a pretty big step up in quality the last couple of years. I know they had or still have a bad rap like Bose but it looks like they are at least trying to go in the right direction :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
CRAP the local store that has Klipsch just started selling Monitor Audio and I have always like the sound of them just could not find a dealer. mmmmmm just when I though I had my mind made up lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8929
It never ends, man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I went ahead and dove in and bought Klipsch and Yamaha. I got the fallowing system and misc cables and wire for $2300. I was also able to get better surrounds and sub on close out. Think I did pretty good wanted to stay close to $2000. Let you all know how it sound when I hook it up sure it will kick BUTT. :-)

YAMAHA RVX-559
RC-52 CENTER
RB-51 BOOKSHELFS
RW-12 SUBWOOFER -150 Dollars off close out last year's model!!
RS-35 SURRONDS -- 152 Dollars off close out last year's model!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9276
Looking forward to your findings.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3782
Black and have a knob on them, of course!
Stop feeding them cabbage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us