Dual DVI output issue

Username: Simplydemented

Post Number: 1
I just got a nice new HDTV with HDMI input. My tower has an X850XT PE with dual DVI out. What I would like to do is have one DVI go to my regular PC monitor, while the other one uses a DVI to HDMI cable to go from output 2 to my new TV (I realize I lose sound this way, but I have another solution for that).

Anyway, im not happy with what its doing. Its ONLY sending video to one output, not both at a time. On top of that, its putting it in some very strange resolution on the TV. The PC was set to 1280x1024 (think thats the right one), and the TV switched to 640x480 AND it was zoomed in so I couldnt see the sides. So, I figured o yeah, widescreen TV... switched the res on the PC to 1280x768, and still had same display on the TV (as a note, the tv is set to its normal/standard video size, not zoomed in as I know they can do).

Oh, and one more note. The TV has an analog in for PCs. I COULD go DVI to analog, and run it that way, but I assume I would then lose more clarity than need be. The TV can handle a decent res (think 1280x768) on analog, so I dont see why it couldnt on HDMI from a DVI source.

Any help is appreciated.
(im usin a 42" WEGA, think model is e42a10)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us