Paradigm 110s or 220s?

Username: Scot_m

Post Number: 2
Here's my situation. I recently purchased a Bose Acoustimass 16 and an Onkyo 703 receiver. To make a long story short, I'm returning the Bose Acoustimass 16. I finally was able to listen to a Paradigm Cinema 110 package today and was very impressed. I also experienced a Velodyne DPS-10 subwoofer recently and loved it so much that I had to buy it. So...I currently have an Onkyo 703 receiver and a Velodyne DPS-10 sub.

I'm now set on getting Paradigm Cinema 110s or 220s for the front (L,C,R) and the Cinema ADPs for the rear. The problem is I've never seen or heard the 220s in person. Price difference is not a huge issue. Size (wife factor) is an issue. Wife has agreed to the 110s. Here are my questions.

1. I've read the dimensions, but do the 220s look significantly bigger than 110s?
2. How much better do the 220s sound?
3. I'm concerned about my Velodyn sub being compatible. Will it complement the 110s and 220s?
4. Would returning my Velodyne sub and getting a Paradigm sub be smarter?
5. Does Velodyne make a remote control sub?
6. I assume my Onkyo 703 ($599 on sale) will do the job well?
7. Anything else?

Thanks for making these decisions easier for me. I'm grateful for the info you all share.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 245
1. Not so much you would get served a divorce...

2. No idea.

3. Yes it will, but what's wrong with the sub that comes with the package?

4. Not smarter or dumber, just different.

5. Yes, but way out of our price range...

6. Yup, esp for that type of system.

7. Tons, but half the fun is in the journey of discovery, my only advice on top of what you already have is to not let other people tell you what sounds good, listen, and decide for yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us