Connecting A/V to TV, DVD & Cable

Username: Dd1967

Post Number: 2
I apologize if this has already been asked....
I just acquired a Harman Kardon receiver w/ all the connections. Have a TV with coax and digital connections hooked up to my Samsung DVD. Do I connect the Optical cable from the DVD to my receiver? If so, anything else? Also, do I connect the "audio out" cables from the cable box to the receiver?
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8494
Here is a nice little guide to help you through this muddled mess :-) These things can get complicated

http://www.ce.org/connections_application/

Username: Dd1967

Post Number: 3
Berny,
Thanks for the link. It's still not clear how to hook all of them up for the best connection. It shows the best connection for two units, separately. Unless I'm missing something, it shows hooking up the Receiver and DVD to the same video out connections on the TV. Should I connect the Receiver to the TV and DVD only to the Receiver? I'v got 3 Video in and out connections all with Svideo.
Thanks.

Username: Needtechhelp

Post Number: 1
Just purchased a Sony home theatre system, optical and htmi cables. Need help connecting to the cable/dvr box and tv. So far, radio comes through but nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Cryst3

Dickson, TN

I am trying to hook up my Panasonic DVD-R to my Comcast DVR to a Toshiba Ultrascan HD TV. I cannot seem to connect the cables from the DVD-R to the DVR correctly, what could I be doing wrong? Please help, Thank you.

Username: Cryst3

Post Number: 2
Regarding the DVD-R hookup to DVR Comcast.

You can email me crystalt3@comast.net

Username: Electronicsgeniusnot

Help. Have a Samsung DLP HDTV, DVD-VCR combo and Motorola digital cable box, and a bunch of cables. The cable box only has the Red,White,Yellow hook ups. The DVD-VCR combo has green,blue,red hook ups and red,white,yellow. Also has a plate that states "DVD only". Any help with how these all go together would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2985
If you want to record on the combo, it should be connected with the yellow/red/white, but if there's only 1 set of outputs on the cable box, you'll have to have the combo on to watch the box. Connect the component out red/blue/green to the TV and set the DVD in the combo on progressive scan, you'll need the red/white audio outputs connected too. Connect the yellow/white/red out of the VCR to an open input on the TV. If you don't want to record on the combo, connect the RCAs straight to the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us