What is your opinion

Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 3
I have polk RTI10 floorstanders for my fronts
I was looking into buying polk lsi9 bookshelves instead. I already have a sub so the bass from the fronts is unimportant. do you think the mids and highs will be better with the lsi9s?

Post Number: 4
the speakers can be seen at www.polkaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8330
That is entirely up to you. Have you listened to these units?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
yes I've heard both but I've found out the lsi are 4 ohm so I'll have to get a different receiver so that kills that idea

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 243
Mains with there own woofer let you play with the x-over a bit, and helps spread the work around a bit.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8439
How do you play with the crossover? And how does that spread the "work" around?

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 247
Depending on your receiver, you can set the x-over to variable freqs. Also, the extreme end of ea drivers range can distort at higher volumes and peaks (i.e. explosions), so, for example, the RTi 10s I own have a range of 40 Hz to 27 KHz, my sub has a range of 25hz - 120hz. Some receivers have default x-overs (usually 80 or 100hz) further some subs allow you to set the low-pass x-over. If I were to go by the specs I could technically set my receivers x-over to 40, and the roll-off on my sub to the same, BUT, since my subs 12 in driver sounds better at the lower ranges than my 10s' 7 in woofer, I choose to spread the work out between the two of them and have my x-over and roll off set to 100hz. This is what I mean by spreading the work around, instead of having my mains work to their extreme low range, I pass it off at an easier freq for them to respond to. Clear as mud?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us