Sky telly in 'surround sound'

Username: Rorys

Post Number: 1
Hullo,

I recently purchased an LG LHT550 surround sound system, a Samsung 26" LCD telly and got Sky.

I know that neither my surround sound system DVD player or Sky box have a digital audio optical cable socket do i cant get real 5.1 surround sound from the Sky film channels. However, is it possible to have the back speakers working at all when watcching Sky films? (i think only certain Sky film channels are broadcast in surround sound).

My current set up has a scart lead from the surround sound DVD player to the telly and a scart lead from the sky box to the telly. The front two speakers work and the sub does also. I purchased a 2 phono to 2 phono RCA lead (red and white - left and white) and connected that from my sky box to my surround sound DVD player, but this hasnt changed the sound at all.

So, first of all, is there a way of getting the back speakers to work for Sky broadcasts and, if so, would these be different sound to the front two speakers or just teh same sound but on 4 speakers? Even jsut adding the centre speaker to the sound would be good.

Thank you for any help.

Rory

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 236
Rory if you hook up the sky box to receiver you then must select that input on the front of the receiver. Set the playback for Pro Logic II. You may also need to do a speaker set up to set the voliume for each speaker.Your DVD will do surround sound 5.1. Read the manual up for the set up.

Username: Rorys

Post Number: 2
After a while of messing about, i found the button that cahnges it to PLII and it works.

It works without the lead too so i'll get my fiver back when i go to work next :D

Thanks, i appreciate the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us