Frustrated!!....Question Help

Username: Puritycontrol

Post Number: 1
I'm using the Samsung HT-Q45 home theater in a box.

Everything is working fine as far as the surround sound goes.

I have it connected to a DVR (Tivo) via a digital optical cable and to my television via component video cables.

And I have an X-Box gaming system connected to the Aux 1 port of the Samsung.

& I'm encountering 2 problems.

First Problem- I can't get any sound from my TV while I'm watching a DVD, I can only use the surround sound speakers, I would like to be able at times to have a dvd playing but just have it play through the TV and not the surround sound speakers is this possible.

I think I need to run some audio cables into the audio IN on my TV?? and then into the aux2 port on my Samsung, I'm not sure if this would work.

Second Problem- Not sure if this is how this unit is suppose to function or not, but while I'm watching TV or playing my X-box and I have the surround sound on, I cannot have the TV audio on as well as there is a serious echo/delay effect, between the audio that comes from the TV and the audio that plays through the surround sound speakers. How can I correct this or is this is how this is suppose to function.

Please Help

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 143
In order to hear sound from the TV's speakers when playing DVD's, you'll need to connect the analog audio output on the DVD player to the analog audio input on the TV. You'll need to get a shielded audio cable with 2 RCA connectors at each end like this one:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102939&cp=2032058.2032228 .2032251&allCount=38&fbn=Cable+type%2FRCA&f=PAD%2FCable+Type%2FRCA&fbc=1&parentP age=family .

Post Number: 2
I know where the audio inputs are on the TV, but the DVD player only has the the 2 Aux ports, are these audio outputs??, thats all the dvd player has

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 144
Sorry, I thought you meant a stand-alone player connected to the Samsung. Actually, the 2 Aux inputs are for connecting 2 additional audio sources to the Samsung. The Samsung doesn't have an audio output so the only option you can try is via the headphones output jack on the Samsung. Depending on the type of the headset jack, you'll need a cable with 2 RCA plugs on 1 end and either 1/4" or 1/8" stereo phone plug on the other end. The phone plug will go to the headset jack on the Samsung and the 2 RCA plugs will go to the audio input on the TV (I assume that your TV does have audio input jacks). With this type of connection, you must be careful not to turn the volume control on the Samsung too high.

Post Number: 3
Ok I see, I wish I had purchased a HTIB with an audio output.

Thank You very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us