Could Use Some Setup Help Please

Username: Vapour71

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
Hello everyone. I made a post once before about how to properly setup my connections for the best sound possible. Only thing is, Now I have a new TV and satellite receiver and I am sooooo far beyond confused, I dunno what to call it. Anyways. Here is what I have:
TV: 60" Hitachi LCD Rear Projection HDTV Model 60VG825
HOME THEATRE RECEIVER: Panasonic Model SA-XR55
DVD PLAYER: Panasonic Model DVD-S77
SATELLITE RECEIVER: Bell ExpressVu Model 6100 HD Receiver
SPEAKERS: 1-Center Speaker, 2-L&R Tower Speakers, 2-Middle Surround Sound Speakers, 2 Back Surround Sound Speakers & 1-SubWoofer
CABLES: 2-Optical, 2-Sets of Component Cables (Blue, Green & Red), 1-HDMI Cable for DVD Player & WAY TOO MANY AUDIO & VIDEO cables! I Probably have about 5-Sets of them. What I would like to know is what is the best cable setup for all my units and sound quality?
I thank anyone in advance for your time and help. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 980

http://www.ce.org/connections_application/CEA_Connections_Guide_Final_v2.swf

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 168
Adam try this DVD player HDMI to TV HDMI INPUT 1,Optical wire from DVD to Panasonic receiver. Set the DVD players out put for 720P, turn on the Digital outputs in the setup menu. Satellite reciever component video ( red,green,blue) to TV input 3 also L&R audio (red,white)to TV input 3. You could use the DVI out but you will need to get an HDMI wire with a DVI adapter. Digital audio out of satellite receiver to the Panasonic receiver. I can't tell if the out put on the sat is optical or coaxil digital. You are sending all video to the TV all digital audio to the receiver.

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
Hey guys, thanks for the help. I have used the Connections Guide and tested it out. Seemd like pretty good instructions however, it would not allow me to print the Audio & Video connections diagrams when you view them. So I wrote them down and tested. Seemd ok but just seemed to be lacking something...an extra output. If possible the setup of the Guide should allow for the user to enter in how many input & outputs all units have. I was lacking something that it showed or assumed I had when I didn't have it at all. So I am currently using your suggestion and it all seems to be working fine. I really do appreciate then help fellas! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 991
That's always an issue that people realize usually after they purchase their HT receiver and get to know the ins and outs of an HT system.

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
I guess my biggest problem was that I had so many inputs and ouputs on the DVD Player, Satellite Receiver and TV, that it just made everything so damn confusing. I must admit, that online connections guide is a piece of work. I'm sure it will help and continue to help people in the same situations as I was in. I am not what you call a technical idiot, it's just that I was overwhelmed with options with input and outputs and of course too many cables, it kind of made it much more difficult to figure out.
With all that being said, some minor improvements could be made to the online connections guide to help future people in a similar position as I am/was. Thanks again! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us