Progressive scan & my TV.

Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 1
My DVD player has progressive scan but my TV is older, are there any special cables I can buy that will allow it to work with my TV.

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 131
Nope! You can use the video composite output on the DVD player to connect to the TV. If your TV doesn't have composite input, you'll need an RF modulator like this one:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90111606&spf=1&sp=1

(Click on each thumbnail to see the big image.)

Post Number: 3
In the description for RF modulator it says that it supplies RF output to TVs that do not have audio/video input jacks. I have A/V input jacks on my TV, do I just have the DVD player hooked up wrong? When I attempt to watch progressive scan it cuts the image down the middle of the TV and flips it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
If you connect the analog stereo output on the DVD player to the RF modulator audio input jacks, the TV will receive the sound via the RF connection. If your TV also has composite video input, you do not need the RF modulator because you can connect the composite video out from the DVD player to the composite video in on the TV.

You'll need to set the DVD player to play the DVDs in normal mode because your TV is not capable of handling the progressive scanned signal. You'll have problem seeing the picture if you enable Progressive Scan on the DVD player.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Since you said your TV had A/V in, just connect the DVD player directly to the TV via A/V in/out. They're the yellow for composite video, Red & White for audio.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the info and that's how I do have it hooked up now. My original question was whether or not you knew of anything that would allow me to view the progressive scan feed? I didn't think there was but that's why I asked.

Thanks again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
As I said in the 1st post, there is nothing you can do to watch progressive scan on TV's that are not capable of handling it. Your only option is to play the discs in non-progressive scanning mode via either RF or composite signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us