360 surround vsx-d812

Username: Stone69

Halifax, Nova scotia Canada

Post Number: 1
im not sure this is the right place for this but here goes..
Im trying to hook my xbox 360 to my receiver and have it play to 4.1 but im having some problems i have a pioneer vsx-d812 receiver.. here is how i have things set up.. i have my 360's audio and video cables running to my receiver to the dvd/ld(Right/left inputs) and to the video to the dvd in.. from there i have my 4 speakrs set up to the front(l/r) and surround(l/r) i can hear the audio out the the front speakers but not the surround..(i tried changeing speakers to make sure they work and same thing)... i also have the receiver set to 4.1 in the menu for speakers... i have the videoout coming from the receivers monitor out using a coax video cable to a converter box and then from there a standard cable to my TV but i get no picture.. if i hook the xbox video to the converter box it shows fine jsut not when i run it to the receiver.. also i cant for the life of me get the surround to work.. i even tried hookin the dvd video to the coax(dvd input) .. ive never been able to get this to work even with a regular dvd player...any help would be great on this.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8438
You need to connect the digital audio output of the Xbox directly to the receiver and do not use the analog (left/right/red/white) cable. Connect the Xbox video output directly to the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us