How do i put this stuff together

Username: Werre300

Post Number: 1
Have an HP plasma with many available inputs including HDMI, s video, component. Bought the LG progressive Up DVD player. This also has HDMI. Also purchased yamaha audio reciever that has digital optical audio and compononent and composite with no HDMI. I also have a satelite reciver that has s-video output, composite and also digital optical for audio........Also throwing in a old vcr into the mix so the kid can still watch barney.............. I was thinking of running the DVD HDMI to the plasma? but how then do i get the audio to the amp or what should i use? I assume i should run S-Video from the satelite to the TV and digital optical from the satelite to the amp? I have never done this before.....Do i have what i need for hardware. I know i can't afford HDMI audio reciver nor HI Def satellite for now.......

Username: Werre300

Post Number: 2
Also, do the cables really matter what manufacture you use. I noticed a huge differnce in price? Any thoughts on this?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7871
Go here, read and decide for yourself

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 163
Darrin the same way you are hooking up the satellite is good for the DVD. HDMI to TV, Digital cable from DVD to receiver. I like to send all video to the TV and all audio to the reveiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us