TXSR600 + the speakers from HT-S650 for $499

PreHomeTheater
ShopOnkyo.com is running a great deal to get a refurbished TXSR600 receiver with the SKSHT500 speakers (which come with the HT-S650) for $499 with free shipping.

This is basically the same thing as the HT-S650, but with a better reviever for the same price! The reciever that comes with the HT-S650 is the TXSR500, and that's the one with LFE problems that many are complaining about. The TXSR600 does not have this same problem. If you were thinking about getting the HT-S650, but worried about the LFE issues, maybe you would do better with this deal, if you don't mind getting a refurbed reciever.

I think I'm gonna purchase this! Plus, I signed up on the Onkyo Club and you get $10 off your order!

PreHomeTheater
Just ordered it! I'm excited!!

PostHomeTheater
Just got it! I installed it last night and I am very happy. This system is way too loud for my apartment though, hahaa; my wife and I are concerned about disturbing our downstairs neighbors. I've turned down the volume control on the sub for now.

I got DTS/DD/DPLII all working, and got all my components switching through the reciever. Sweet setup!

I even programmed my TiVo remote into the Onkyo remote so I can use one controller for everything.

The only problem is that my wife is not very fond of technology, so she is a little scared of the new remote: having to switch the TV Video and then the Receiver Input to switch between Cable TV and TiVo. :( I setup macros 1 & 2 to switch between them, but it's not foolproof because my TV has 3 Inputs and no way of directly going to one, so I have to press the input cycle button different amounts depending on which input the TV is currently using. Oh well, she'll have to learn I guess.

Now I just need to find some good speaker stands.

Thanks for all the helpful threads on this forum!

I bought a refurb Onkyo TXSR500. I have my DVD and CD hooked up to it. TV is stand alone. The speakers are all hooked up. However, the DVD plays fine but there is no sound. The CD works but no sound. I used the same setup I had used with my Sony (which worked fine), what gives? What are LFE problems? The audio from the DVD is connected to the Surround hookeups, I also have a fiber optic from the DVD to one of the optic fiber inputs (which was reassigned) help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us