Axiom or RBH ??

Username: Swoop

Rockwall, TX United States

Post Number: 2
Ok converting my office (new job no need for it anymore in the house) to a theater. Room is 19x20 and thinking about getting a Yamaha RX-V4600 (wish I could run back surround and presant speakers at sametime but can't justify paying 3Ks more for that and getting a RX-Z9. But anyways been looking around and hearing great things about RBH speakers and also Axiom. So any input on ups or downs of each or is one just flat out better? Looking at no more then 4K for Speakers.

Thanks
T

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7659
There are claims that the Axiom will not play well with that particular Yamaha as the sound will make your ears grow tired. Others like the sound as they claim that the details are very distinct. Personally, I do not like the pairing, I love the Axioms when paired with NAD or Outlaw Audio. I cannot comment on the RBH.

For that budget, I really like the way Sonus Faber plays with the Yamaha. Check out the Domus Concerto or the Cremona Auditor. That receiver should be able to handle the 4ohm load with no problem.

Then there's Paradigm, which really play well with the Yamaha line. Look at the Monitor series or the reference series.

Post Number: 4
Berny thanks I am looking into those recimendations..

T

Gold Member

Post Number: 7677
I am curious as to what you end up purchasing. Please do tell us more about your findings. Your experience will be appreciated.:-)

Post Number: 5
Berny,

Will do. I have only decided to do this about 2 weeks ago, however I by no way know a lot about A/V equipment. I am just looking for something to be able to watch some of my favorite movies like they were back in the theater, and hey showoff to my friends. Many years ago (1997 or so) I was in the Navy and stationed in Guam I picked up a Sony ES receiver with Bose Acoustimass 10 when I bought my 53" Sony XBR rear projection. The Bose system never had enough lows for me and I only keep it a few years and ended up giving it away saying I was going to buy something better, and never have. Ended up giving the Sony Receiver away a little later. Still have the TV and it's been great. But this time I want something I won't regret and at the price I'm going to pay I can't afford to give this one away so doing some research first. I'm looking to put 10-15K in A/V equipment so I want the best I can get for that price range. Looking for the best Receiver, Speakers, DVD Player, Projector, Screen and cables setup in this price range. Only other thing I will add is the DirecTV HD Tivo. Love Tivo have 3 of them in my house now just need 1 more I guess. Oh ya I need the furniture added in that price. Would like to put 4 lazeyboy type seats up on a platform in the back and a horseshoe type couch down in front of that, and hoping I can get the furniture for 4K so lets say 10-11K for A/V.

Thanks,
T

Gold Member

Post Number: 7681
Have you tried going the separates route?

Go here and look at the Model 990 and Model 7125 combo.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 154
Berny has already told you Paradigm Refrence speakers and Outlaw Audio seperates which are very good, both maybe the best bang for the buck. I like Denon over Yamaha, Panasonic makes a good HDMI upconverting DVD player the DVD-S77S. Projectors in that price ranfe you should look at Sony VPL-HS51A or the Panasonic PT-AE900U-EC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us