Need help setting up

Username: Hunykore

ScotlandUk

Post Number: 1
Ok hi people am stuck just bought 5.1 surround sound system with dvd player now am stuck because i want to be able to watch the tv with surround sound on but in the back of my free view box there is no holes for the cable/wire only a scart hole which i have a scart going into my telly then the power which goes to the plug and the tv areial socket which i have going into the hole in the wall

how do i get the sound to come out the surround sound using the free view box or cant i?

Username: Nfminstaller

Post Number: 1
Wow. Being from the US you'd think I'd have understood that, but I only caught about half of it (what the heck is a scart hole)

Here in the states, you hook the AV out from the TV (or free view box, whatever that is) into the 5.1 system input. If the TV doesnt have an audio out, or the 5.1 System doesn't have an audio in (which is common on HTIB systems) then you can't do it with the equipment you have.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 146
There are two ways you can hook up thew TV to the surround system. Like Bob said if you have audio out RCA jacks on your TV you can connect those to surround receiver. If you don't have those connections you will need a HI-FI VCR between your free view box and the TV, then send RCA cables from the audio out on the VCR to the surround receiver. Set the VCR to same channel you use on the TV ( here in NYC its channel 3)and select the correct input on the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us