Better reciever or amp???????

Bronze Member
Username: Killerjimmy

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 26
I purchased the Klipsch RF-3 home theater system and am so pleased with its soundstage. Realistic and rich.....and loud. It sounds great. I am wondering if it would sound even better if I used a different receiver or added an amplifier. Right now I have a Panasonic XR-55s and no amplifier. I am looking for a more compressed sound. Tighter and more dynamic. Any suggestions??

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7579
Any budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
$500 for each. I don't know if an amplifier is necessary being that the room I am using them in is very small. I just want to get more dynamics out of the speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7581
I am wondering what is wrong with it at the present. When you write "more dynamics"...what is it that you want to get out of it?

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1009
do not pair the panny with those great speakers. Its a shame that they aren't made any more. Klipsch really had a great thing going with those. They could really rock a room, had great tight bass, the highs were fantastic, and they imaged rather well. The only thing is that they could sound a little boxy, as many towers in the price range.

here is what I suggest for amps. provided you have a pre-out on the panny...

outlaw audio monoblocks.

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1010
if you are looking for a more compressed sound, that is the opposite of more dynamic :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Gavin,
Sorry about that. Wrong choice of adjectives. Dynamic is what I was trying to say.
I am checking out the outlaw monoblock amp but what should I swap the panny out with?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7619
Outlaw Audio 990.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us