Home Theatre Setup Help/Recommendations

Username: Webmonkey

Post Number: 1
Currently I have the following speakers

Fronts Infinity Overture 3's
Center Infinity Prelude
Rear Infinity Overture 2's
Subwoofer Infinity SW 12

I was thinking about buying the following speakers and replacing the above.

NHT T6 for fronts
M6's for rears
M6 for center

Is the NHT system a better system than the Infinity Overtures?

My next question is on the receiver end.

If I use the Infinity speakers I was looking at going with seperates. Such as either an Anthem AV30 with a Anthem MCA 50 or a Parasound C2 with a Parasound A52.

Now if I buy the NHT system I was thinking of just using a regular AV receiver like a NAD T773, because of the price of spending on the speakers limiting my budget on a receiver.

If you had your choice which way would you guys go and why?

Thanks

Post Number: 2
nobody?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 944
Monte your question is too broad. "Is the NHT system a better system than the Infinity Overtures? "

What do you mean better? What is wrong in your estimation with the infinity speakrs now? What do you hope this upgrade will do for you?

Have you heard the NHT in comparison to your Infiniti speakers?

Post Number: 3
No, I haven't heard the NHT in comparision to the Infinity Overtures. That's what I hoping is someone on here has heard them both.

Nothing is wrong with the Infinity Overtures now. The reason I'm looking at the NHT T6 is i've read so many good reviews on how they compare to speakers in the 10-15k range.

As for hopes on what the ugrade would do is that if the NHT T6 are really a lot better I would get both better sound quality in music and surround sound for movies.

I don't have any NHT dealers around here so theres no way for me to listen to them.

My other question was on seperates vs. a regular AV receiver. Keep the overtures and go separates or go with the NHT T6's and go with a regular AV receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us