Quest about Home Theatre System (ht8500)

Username: Dipper

Post Number: 1
Don't know anything about Home Theatre systems but ...

Today I scored a Home Theatre System for about $1000. I know it retails at about $3500 here in Australia. Not sure whether to keep it for myself. Don't have one at the moment or put it on ebay and try to sell it for around $2000-2500.

Here is the link to what I got
http://www.luxaudio.net/ht8500.php

Is this a good quality System worth keeping or should I sell it on ebay.

Thanks for any input.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7408
Sounds fishy to me. Haven't heard of that speaker system.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 137
Mark where do get $3500 from the links says in big numers $1595. If you can sell it even for a loss get rid of it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7415
I think he is just trying to get hits on the website. It's on the internet...it must be true:-)

Post Number: 2
That $1595 on the web site is in US dollars, I am here is aussie land. I am probably including convertion rate, shipping cost, etc.

I have no connection with that website or company. I literally bought this "off the back of a truck" at my local shopping centre a couple days ago. The driver said that it was pre-paid by the customer but he never bothered to pick it up. (i am calling it bs, but don't really care).

That is why I am placing a post here, don't know anything about Home Theatre Systems. He showed me from a US magazine that it retails at $1595 US and he wanted $1000 AUD for his own pocket. I thought that was a great buy. Plus everything is still in the box and all items are still wrapped in plastic, never been used.

My question is are they worth keeping ( they look fairly high end) or should I put them on ebay.

Mark

Gold Member

Post Number: 7419
No, they are not worth keeping and they are worth about 50 US Dollars. No, they are not high end. You have been scammed. That line has been in use for quite some time.

Post Number: 3
Berny,

why do you say they are worth 50 USD, when they retail here for about 3500AUD.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7421
How do you know they retail down there for that much? Have you actually seen them in the stores? Or are you basing it on a magazine ad and some parked internet site?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7422
The type of sales pitch that you got was the tell tale sign.

Look around these forums and check out the speakers that are supposed to go for thousands of dollars on some bogus internet site.

They go by Dogg Digital, Hauffman, Home Theater Research. Lux Audio is just another incarantion of the same crap speakers that has been rebadged. But if you don't want to believe that...then by all means sell it to some poor sap.

Better yet, sell it on Audiogon...see how many suckers bite. Just be aware that you will probably get a lot of nasty responses if you do decide to sell it on a reputable site.

You've been had...you are in denial right now. But do more research and it will sink in. Think about it..if it is such a high end speaker why is there such a scarcity of information on them. Why does the website only post prices and not a real secure check out or purchasing system?

Post Number: 4
I rang the phone number on the invoice I was given earlier this morning and spoke to someone different from the distributors that I dealt with the other day. I pretended I was just enquiring and asked how much the HT8500 are selling for. He answered $3650AUD.

They might not be high end system, that is why I posted my query here. To get opinions. I am not knowledgeable in Home Theatre Systems.

Anyway, I decided to keep the system, since I don't have a Home Theatre System and I think I got a pretty good deal paying $1000AUD for something that retails $3650AUD, even if they may not be best quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7428
What is the conversion rate anyway?

Post Number: 5
0.73USD/1AUD if that is what you are asking.

Basically, from spec that is listed from the website I posted http://www.luxaudio.net/ht8500.php. How is this compared to an average Home Theatre System.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7435
I would not trust that site and I would not trust those specs.

But do read up on what they call "White Van Speaker Scam".

Username: Raso

Post Number: 1
Has anyone found out about this yet as it just happened to my father and he bought the sames speakers for $750, it happened exactly the same way with them saying that they were over stocked and had to get rid of them (even the magazine)

sounds fishy

Gold Member

Post Number: 7652
What else do you need to find out? They are not worth $750. They only exist in that website and the product is dispensed through the back of a vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 106
Those are classic scam speakers. There are dozens of threads on this site about them. They probably cost $50 to make and are comparable to speakers that sell for $200 in stores. They prey upon people's greediness and desire to get a good deal on what they think are stolen goods.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7718
Yeah, but these poor souls want so hard to believe that the speakers are legitimately high end and that they paid very little for speakers that are so expensive. Oh well.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawndecker1

Pine hill, Nj Usa

Post Number: 19
Some even more gullable victims buy boxes filled with garbage to replicate the weight. These guys are hustlers and some are very good at it. And they know most will not persue the issue legally because of how foolish it makes them look. They don't carry guns and won't follow you home, they are just trying to find someone who wants to feel like they got an unbelievable deal. As far as a MSRP for said items, how can anyone trust a value given for an item by the manufacturer???? Cost $50 to make, $5 for advertising, another $5 for support materials, $10 to ship, pay each hustler $15 a pr, and you wind up with a "MSRP" of $3650. Only the owner of any item can tell you what it's worth. Expensive lesson, hope you don't buy jewelry the same way......

Silver Member
Username: Oxpecker

Post Number: 131
well here's the face of one son of a b*tch who sell's this sh*tUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7967
So this the ONE guy that sells all this crap all over the world???
Hell, if he can be in multiple places at one time, I'll buy speakers from him just to see it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us