DVD, cable box, and X box 360 (only 2 inputs) Help!!

Username: Lindy11

Post Number: 1
I have
-DVD Player (Audio): TosLink Fiber output,
Digital Coax, RGA.
(Video): RGA, S-Video, Component
video.

-Cable Box (Audio): TosLink Fiber, RGA, HDMI.
(Video): RGA, Component Video, HDMI.

-Xbox 360 (Audio): RGA, TosLink Fiber
(Video): RGA, Component video.

My A/V Yamaha receiver has the following inputs.

Audio: 2 Fiber (DVD & DTV/SAT)
1 digital coax (CD)
numerous RGA (red and white)
Video: 2 compontent video (DVD & DTV/SAT)
numerous RGA (yellow)

Has one Component video output to TV.

My Plasma has 3 Component Video inputs, s-video, RGA, and HDMI inputs

Current Setup:
using Component video for both Cablebox and DVD Player running through my A/V receiver. Also using TosLink Fiber audio for both units running through my A/V receiver. My Xbox 360 is Hooked Directly into the TV for Component Video (which is fine with me), But the sound is using only RGA (red and white cables) through my aux port on my AV receiver giving me limited analog Dolby 5.1

My Problem is I WANT digital sound quality out of my XBox 360, without having to give it up for my Cable box, or my DVD Player. I only have 2 Toslink fiber inputs on receiver. the Digital Coax is not available cause it is hard wired to the CD selection, and My Component video is hard wired to DVD selection.

I could Run DVD Video into TV, and audio through the CD digital Coax, then just select CD on my A/V, Then run the Xbox through DVD audio and video, on the A/V. But Honestly, There are a few differnet people using this system and am trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Any Ideas????? I was thinking, Is there such thing as a Tos Link selector box which will take more than 1 input and output just one. Which would might fix my problem, and if so, is there any sound degration with these units..

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry if this post is confusing.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 134
Because of the hard wire situation your fix is the best fix. Just relable the inputs with small stickers on your reciever so others that are using the system will not be confused. This is one of the reasons I like Denon recievers all the digital inputs and all of the component inputs are assignable

Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 10
Yes you can get toslink/optical splitters and coxial to optical convertors, cost about £10 - £15

I'd try your cd player through the analogue / RCA connections (unless you know the amps decoding sounds better). You could put the cost of the digital splitter towards a descent RCA cable too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us