Hookup of Samsung 50" DLP to Onkyo TX-SR503

Username: Planneral

Post Number: 1
Anyone out there have this configuration and know the proper hookup. I ran this through an old Sansui receiver and everything worked great. I even ran wireless speakers through the headphone jack and could switch back and forth or play both sets (wired and unwired)through the A/B switch. I also had a new Samsung DVD/VCR and old technics cassette deck. The only reason I switched to Onkyo was for remote control of the dvd, receiver, and tv. I have the dvd and radio on the receiver working fine but not the tv. I can't seem to get the tv sound to play through the receiver and I can play the wireless speakers via the headphone jack but not both sets at the same time by way of the A/B switch. I have to unplug these to get the wired speakers to work.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 933
The source of your TV receptions (cable, satelite etc) must go through the receiver before the TV. This way you can choose to either pass the audio to the TV or not bother at all.

Username: Planneral

Post Number: 2
I'm confused since my receiver has no port for hooking up to cable!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 946
Skip the cable connection and use the RCA Red white and Yellow or S-Video if your receiver has a video pass through. If it doesn't you can still pass the sound to your receiver.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us