No sound from system when using with tv

Username: Jim_f

Post Number: 1
My father just recently purchased the Sony DAV-FX80 home theater system. Everything is hooked up and working fine except there is no sound to speakers when trying to use just with the tv. System is hooked up to our Sony KDF-E55A20 TV through normal coax cable, has a TV Cable card installed. System is hooked to tv with an HDMI cable. My father has been to the store where he bought it and they claimed he needed a fiber optic cable which did not work.Have also tried audio cables, did not help. Please Advise

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 133
Jim lets see if I can help. The HDMI wire is a one way wire feeding the up converted DVD player in the FX80 to the TV. The DVD out put should be set to 720P.In order to get sound from the TV's cable card to the FX80 reciever you need to run an Optical wire from the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT on the TV. There may be a Menu setting to turn on the DIGITAL OUT on the TV. THe guy in the store was correct. I think you need to select VIDEO 2 on the reciver to select the OPTICAL INPUT. Let me know how it works out.

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 78
Did you try switching the audio mode from DVD to TV on your receiver?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us