Best placement for sub

Username: Jakeman02

Post Number: 10
Componets I've picked out for my system.

Pioneer VSXD515K OR VSXD516K Receiver
JBL E20 Front L&R
JBL E10 Rear L&R
JBL EC25 Center

This is for a bedroom 16x12, hardwood floors, if that matters, 7' Ceiling.

I have ran into a problem when I was determining where to place the sub. I was planning on puttting it the left corner of the TV wall. There are wall mounted shelves starting 16" from the floor in that corner. I thought 16" would be plenty of clearance to tuck a sub under, they don't extend out that far. Upon checking the specs of the subs I'm finding I was wrong. I've found two subs that specs list under 16", Yamaha YST-SW215 and AudioSource PSW-100, everything else is 17" H or over. I'm very limited on wall space all around the room so these to places are my best bet. I have 5 36" doors coming into this room, YES 5 haha. That takes up alot of my wall space. I've measured and there is a place right beside the tv that I will be able to fit a sub between, but their will be no clearance on the right, left or back if I did that, I'm not sure if that's a problem or not. I'm thinking if I have to go there a front fire sub would be best. For the corner placemnt a down fire. I'm not sure the advantages to down vs front or which to place where. Could someone could help with this. I want to stay as low as possible on price. If the corner placement would be best could you recommend one of the 2 from above. I've read some about the Yamaha. It gets decent ratings for the price but I don't know anything about the Audiosource one.

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 11
you use it for movies or music?

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeman02

Post Number: 11
both, probably 50/50

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada