Need help with surround system

Username: Alrednek

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer VSX-403 A/V receiver that until recently worked great. We had a power interruption one day (no storm) where the power blinked off for a few seconds then came back on. The receiver went into "standby" mode and now I can't get it to power up. The "standby" led is on continuously and the unit won't come on either manually or with the remote. I have the receiver, TV, VCR and cable box all hooked up to a Trip-Lite Super Surge Alert surge suppressor and am having no problems with any of the other equipment. I can't find any troubleshooting help on this particular problem in the owners manual. I would appreciate any help or troubleshooting information anyone can give. Thanks, Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Reddfoxx

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
This might work. Have you tried disconnecting the the power cable ? Wait for 30 seconds, plug it back in, then use it normally.

Username: Alrednek

Post Number: 2
Yes, I did try that already, I even left it unplugged overnight. Unfortunately that didn't have any effect on the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though...

Bronze Member
Username: Reddfoxx

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 14
You should probably check with Trip-Lite. Your covered for $50,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance. See their site for product warranty to see if you qualify.
http://www.tripplite.com/support/warranty/insurance.cfm

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1390
I think the micro processor chip as been "knackered," mate.

But don't quote me on that.

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us