Harmon Kardon HKTS 8 vs. Athena Micra 6

Username: Turboregal

Post Number: 1
Hey all,
Futureshop is giving me a deal on a new set of speakers seeing as how my old ones couldn't be serviced under warranty (no parts to be found.) Anyways, there giving me a price of cost+15%, and I'm looking to replace my speakers with ones around the price of 3-400 bucks CDN. The ones I've heard tons of good things about is the Athena Micra 6's (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10035824&catid=14700), but the salesman today said he would take the Harmon Kardon's (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10055325&catid=14700) over them any day. Just wondering if he actually knows what he's talking about? Here is a list of the speakers that FS offers, I had Quest Mystique 6.1's BTW. Thanks!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=14700&logon=&langid=EN

Price markup on there speakers is approx 50% FYI

Post Number: 2
bump

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7296
Actually it doesn't matter what anyone else says. It depends on which one you like better. Personally, I am not impressed with Harman Kardon speakers. I think they lack detail and sounds very muffled when compared to the Athena micra 6.

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeman02

Post Number: 12
Dallas, Not sure what to tell you with the Micra 6's and the HK system. I'm in the same boat. Trying to decide between those 2, the Point 5 system and a JBL Northridge system I put together. I did want to mention though I was looking down that futureshop list link and most of those systems are more than double priced what I've found in my research so far. So when you do decide get a quote from them and do a search. I don't know what they say "at cost" will be, but at those listed prices it wouldn't hurt to do a price search before you take them up on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I just looked at the 2nd page of that link. Make that tripple...WOW this place must be associated with Bose, haha.

Post Number: 3
Well I ended up taking the Micras. Futureshop's price after cost+15% on them was 280, where as the HK's price after cost+15% was 335, and the new salesman actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and reccomended the better product, instead of the "name brand" product...

Post Number: 4
And BTW, it is canadian funds, so it will be a little more expensive, and also speakers cost more in Canada as well, even the Athenas are cheaper in the US than Canada, and there made in Canada?!?!?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sry I wasn't aware those were Canadian Prices. Just knew from everything I had priced it was way off. You got a good deal on that system. I think we'll both be happy with our choice. I finally made up my mind and went with the .5 system from Ahena. Everythign should be here next week. I'm in waiting mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us