Multizone Help Please

Username: Den327

Post Number: 8
I have a Yamaha RXV1500 multizone multisourceSurround Receiver.I also have 8 pairs of speakers throughout my home.I need help on correctly setting this system up.What is the correct way to hook all these speakers up.I have 8 volume controls in between receiver and speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 857
You bought all these without having an idea as to how to set them up?

Who is installing the wiring and the volume control? Perhaps they will be able to configure it for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 92
Dennis I'm not sure by your question if you want to only set-up 8 seperate stereo zones or 8 zones plus home theater 5.1-7.1 set-up. Yamaha receivers are a little different than others in that they have that front effects channel/ zone 2. You could put each of the 8 zones into 1 front L&R A 2 front L&R B 3 Cenrer 4 Surround L 5 Surround R 6&7 back surround L&R 8 zone 2. Select 7.1 stero and control each rooms volume with room volume controls, but you hear the same thing everywhere no FM in one room CD in anther. Zone 2 would be able to have its own program and volume. Or 5.1 in one room and outboard speaker switcher to feed other rooms but you can only drive one or two rooms at a time without over driving the recivers zone two amp. Adding an out board amp to zone 2 would help drive more zones at once.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us