Orb mod2 or klipsch quintet

Username: Angelo

New york

Post Number: 4
I just heard both today they both sounded great
but I didnt hear them side by side any sugestions
I wasnt impressed this the orbs sub it sounds great but it is only 8" I want to buy thhe klipsch sub 12" even though they recomend the 10" model please help me make a make up my mind
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?categoryid=cat03049&id=1122654018549&sku id=7372513&type=product&DCMP=KNC-TLC&ref=25&loc=SHP

http://www.orbaudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=28

Varit
Unregistered guest
Orbs hands down. Or get the Orbs and a 12" sub. But if the Orb sub sounds great, why do you care what size it is? Just asking...I've had a 10" Dayton sub and a Klipsch 12" sub and neither were 1/2 as good as the Orb sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 38
I'll second Varit. I listened to both and thought the Orbs sounded better. I tried using the Dayton 10" sub with my Mod2's and it sounded fine, but I noticed a definite improvement when I matched the 8" Orb sub. To me, the Orb sub is really one of the things that makes this sub/sat combo sound better than the others and is a very strong part of the system. I have not heard any of the Klipsch subs, but in general I think you can get to a point of sub-overkill when you are using satellite mains and/or surrounds. Since the satellites by themselves only play so low, it is important that the sub properly match.

New york

Post Number: 6
the only thing is that the orb sub doesnt thump like the klipsch I know there is a big diferance in size I was thinking of hooking up both subs how do you guys think that would sound. If I do go with both subs what is the best way to hook them up my receiver only has 1 out for the sub both subs have input outputs on the back

Varit
Unregistered guest
That's a good idea. You can use a Y adaptor if necessary to split the sub output. You can also use the speaker wire inputs on the sub and connect one sub at the front and connect the left and right front speakers to that sub w/ speaker wire (and set the front left/right to "large" speakers in your receiver). I have a friend who is using his old, mediocre 15" sub w/ the Orb sub and we went back and forth on which way to do it. Finally settled on the Y adapter b/c it pretty much sounded the same both ways and the sub placement in his room was better if we went that route. I'm not really that technical, though, and I'm actually just repeating what he told me, so there may be other opionions on how to do it as well.

New york

Post Number: 8
thanks were can I get a Y adaptor and how long are they I tried to do a serch but I didnt come up with anything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us