5.1 Digital Outputs

Username: Nathangunn

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC DVD player, it has 2 analogue outputs which I use for a 2.1 system, but I do not have the other remaining outputs to make it a 5.1 system. I believe the DVD player supports 5.1 so If I buy a 5.1 home cinema with digital input will this make my system true 5.1?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6401
Does the DVD player have digital outputs as well? If it does, then yes, you can use a 5.1 home cinema and make the system 5.1.

Also, if you still have the manual for the dvd player, make sure that you read it. If it has DTS capability, you should learn how to turn on this function.

Username: Nathangunn

Post Number: 2
Getting a bit confused here. The DVD player I know has 5.1 capability and yes it does have DTS capablity. DTS capability is not a neccesity for 5.1 sound but a different method of delivering it. So I am looking on the net for a reasonable 5.1 system with digital input and I can not seem to find one they all seem to have the 6 inputs not the 1 digital can anyone help me?

Bronze Member
Username: Jwilhite

Post Number: 12
Acualy nathan DTS is 5.1! It sounds like you want to use multi channle for that 5.1 sound. If you want a dvd player with the six inputs also nown as multi channel...I would look into Onkyo. If you are looken for a coxial digital 5.1 port it should cold come standerd on most dvd players.

Jon

Bronze Member
Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 17
you need a dvd player with a digital output, either a coaxial (an orange regular coaxial hole) or a optic one, a small rectangle black hole sometimes has a cap on it...

If you connect your dvd into a 5.1/6.1/7.1 receiver you will get surround sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us