Upgrading my receiver

Unregistered guest
Hey Fellas,

I want to upgrade my receiver. Right now I have a little JVC,and I don't think I am getting all out of it I should be able to. For speakers I have Wharfedale CR-40s for fronts and the center to match; rears are the CR-30s. I also have a Dahlquist PDQ-1500. What would be a good match for this set up.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6321
Budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevizard

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 14
dglass,

Top end, big buck separates are Krell, Martin Logan, Linn, etc.

High midrange: Sunfire, Denon, Harmon Kardan

Low midrange: Sherwood Newcastle, Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo.

Low range: any HTIB (home theater in a box).

I can recommend the Sherwood Newcastle AVRs from personal experience. Sherwood saved money by not purchasing the THX licenses. However, they produce superb sound and pass the savings back to the consumer. Check out the Sherwood Newcastle R863T. It lists for $799 but can be found for less.

http://www.sherwoodusa.com/prod_r863t.html

dglass
Unregistered guest
Yea, I am thinking more one the lines of $300-400

Unforunately, I do have a budget, and I know this is not the thread, but what do you think about those speakers. I got them for cheap. Should I upgrade?

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 78
ive never actually herd them therfore i probilly would not buy them but if u got them cheap and they sound good to u then i guess my opinion doesent matter

atleast u dident buy bose

Bronze Member
Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 13
I bought a yamaha HTR5830 and its great I love it and its within your busget. i also have Yamaha NSP 10 speakers and I loved them too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us