Clearence for TV?

Username: Cutiger13

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have an idea on how much clearance is necessary for a large TV? I am having a built-in done for a Sony 60" Grand WEGA SXRD Rear Projection HDTV KDS-R60XBR1 How much clearance around the unit (backs, sides, top) would the TV need so it does not overheat, etc. Is this even a concern?

Bronze Member
Username: Mph

Post Number: 33
If it's like my sony, there is a bulb inside that uses a fan for cooling. The fan blows the air out the back of the set. It even runs for a few minutes after the tv is off the make sure the bulb is cool.

I believe my manual said a minimum of 4" clearence from the back of my set to the nearest obstruction. But more is always better. This distance may be more since your set is larger. Most manufacturers have downloadable manuals on their site and AC cooling fans can be pruchased as well.

I have added a monster UPS to my set since the power isn't the greatest where I'm at. This prevents bulb damage in case of a sudden outage by allowing the tv to still run the needed cool-down process via the backup battery.

Maybe not the exact answer you were looking for but hopefully it will help you some.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us