No video from DVD to Plasma with component cables

Username: Runner440

Raleigh, NC United States

Post Number: 2
I can seem to get the the video from the DVD to work using the Component video cables using the below configuration. If I connect the dvd player to the Plasma using the single AV cable it works. I was thinking I would get a better video if I used the component cables. I have been through both the manual looking for maybe somewhere i might need to set up the output type used but cant seem to find any thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are they different standards for component video output that might make the Sony incompatible with the Pioneer?

Pioneer PDP-4360HD Plasma Display
Input--HDMI from 8300HD Cable Box
Input--Component Video from SVP-7700

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD Digital Video Recorder (Cable Box)
Input--Cable In
Output--HDMI to PDP-4360HD Plasma Display
Output--Digital Out Audio (optical) to STR-DA5ES Receiver

Sony STR-DA5ES AV Receiver
Input--Digital In Audio (optical) from SVP-S7700 DVD
Input--Digital In Audio (optical) from 8300HD Digital Video Recorder

Sony SVP-S7700 DVD Player
Output--Component Video to PDP-4360HD Plasma Display
Output--Digital Out Audio (optical) to STR-DA5ES Receiver

Username: Jay_l

Quad Cities, Il

Post Number: 5
Hook up with av cables. Then press set up on dvd player (without a disc in it) You can then select custom setup.

Here you should be able to select tv type (4:3 or 16:9) and also output type (composite or component) select 16:9 and Component.

The other thing to look at is in the pioneer you should have video 1 and video 3 that can do hdmi or component. Check this to make sure you dont have the hdmi input turned on for the input you have your dvd player pluged into.

Billy K
Unregistered guest
I have Direct TV. I want to add my DVD Recorder to the satelite receiver. Is it possible? My DVD recorder does not have nearly the same amount of channals as my SAT Box Can anyone help with the proper hook up Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5855
look here

http://www.ce.org/connections_application/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us