Surround Sound Question

Username: Asw75

Post Number: 1
Let me pre-face this by saying I am a stereo rookie so this may sound pretty simple.

I have my speakers wired and set up in my family room. When I watch a DVD, the speakers work and sound fantastic. Problem I have is when I watch TV. I have Direct TV and the back two speakers don't have any sound. I'm only getting sound from the center, front left and right, and sub.

I had a Superbowl Party yesterday and everyone was asking why my back speakers weren't working. Do I have something wired incorrectly?

Any Help?

Username: Tony_nipples

Louisville, KY

Post Number: 1
first off, check the wiring just in case something might have come lose. second, check on your direct tv menu for some sort of surround sound settings and adjust them if possible, then check on your receiver for surround sound settings to adjust the rear speakers. although, it may have been the channel you were watching the show on might have not supported a surround sound feature. the surround channels are for extra sounds and the program may have not even had any extra noises to put the rear channels to use. hope it helped, good luck with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us