Me=Clueless!!!

Username: Yabot

Post Number: 1
I am shopping for 4 suround sound speakers to accompany my Klipsch sub and Boston Acoustics center speaker for a 12x20 foot room. I can toss the sub and center speaker if I can save money by buying a package. The 4 speakers have to be wall mounted and my wife says they have to be white. The system will be used for music more than movies. Shopping for this stuff seems a bit more complicated than a few years ago, so any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5208
Budget?

What receiver are you currently using?

Budget unseen, you can get your speaker's enclosure custom colored by Axiom Audio.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/customshop.html

Username: Yabot

Post Number: 2
I would like to spend $500 or less for the 4 speakers. I have a Sony tuner. Not sure of the model number, but it's called a Digital Audio Visual Control Center. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5251
There are very few speakers out there in white. And for that budget, you really don't have any options short of painting them yourself.

check this out
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/micra6tech.htm

Bronze Member
Username: N8d1

Baltimore

Post Number: 18
You may be pleased with the Mirage Nanosat line. You can get them in white for $99/ea shipped from Vanns.com. I have 5 of them and am very pleased but I use them more for movies. I haven't listened to too much music with them yet. You can audition them at Tweeter to see if you like they way music sounds through them. Just take in the stuff you listen too most. If you do, let me kwow what you think about them. Good or bad.

Bronze Member

Baltimore

Post Number: 19
Even though I'm sure the Boston Acoustics center speaker is a good sounding speaker, you may want to replace it with whatever line you get for your front ones so that they are timbre matched. It may sound out of place if you try to incorporate it into another brand of speaker.

Bronze Member

Baltimore

Post Number: 28
Correction: The Mirage speakers I have are NOT the Nanosats but the Microsats. Sorry for any confusion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us