How Can I Use My Speaker...?

Anonymous

Hey all,

I got a Sony DAV-DX150 5.1 DVD (SRS in a box), it only has RCA analog inputs. no audio outputs what-so-ever. The speaker connection to the DVD player isnt standard wires, its color coded plugs.
my dad said that we needed a receiver so we bought one (Pioneer VSX-515K). we kinda do need the receiver but we dont want another set of speakers.

is there like a splitter for speakers? like can i use one set of SRS speakers with my DVD player and receiver. connect both of the devices to a speaker as in putting 2 speaker cables into one input on a speaker???

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5104
Isn't that unit a stand alone Home Theater in a box?

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/501223117

You really don't need anything else with that. Everything should already be there, including the receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5105
Where are the instructions? Have you read it? It will really help you out if you read the manual first.

Anonymous

yeah i have the DVD w/ 5.1 already setup...

i kept telling my dad that we didnt need a receiver but he insisted on buying it.

anyway its way too late to return it, i might as well find a way to use it.

that is why i want to find out if there are speaker splitters, or if its ok to put 2 speaker cables into the speakers.

http://webpages.charter.net/p1n0y/Setup/untitled.JPG

Gold Member

Post Number: 5117
I wouldn't do that.

Leave the home Theater alone and do not attach anymore speakers that is not designed to attach to the unit. Unless you insist on seeing the protect mode, from which you can't go back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5118
If you have a separate receiver, use a different set of speakers, not the one that is already being used by another unit.

Anonymous

ok just making sure. i have already short circuited the DVD player before...just got it fixed a few weeks ago.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5140
Seems like a good time to buy a new set of speakers for the other receiver.

Anonymous

yeah im looking for some so that we can put it in the garage for karaoke or the family room.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5145
Sounds like the perfect excuse for your dad to have another system for karaoke. :-)

You have a budget for a new set of speakers?

Anonymous

umm...right now im not sure how much my dad is willing to spend..

but IMO i think he's willing to spend no more than $150...i know its kinda cheap but it needs to be simple.. and plus my parents need a new TV for their bedroom, so im not sure how much he's gonna spend or when he's gonna buy it..

i was looking at the MTX HTB1 S 5.1 SRS system at circuit city for like <$200. do you think that's anygood?

Anonymous

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-Home-Theater-Speaker-System-HTB1S-/sem/rpsm/o id/140262/catOid/-12950/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us