PC bookshelf setup

Username: Cle

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to get a 2.1 bookshelf + sub system tougher. I'm currently getting by with a Z2300 logitech... not bad for games but it's just not designed with proper music in mind. I can't fault it for that since most people just don't have the space to fit full sized speakers on there desk.

I've been thinking about this move for a while, but i have not found a lot.. at least nothing I've seen has been what i want between quality and afford ability.

The PC i'm using has an E-MU 0404 sound card witch is not a bad card for audio... not the best but better then the majority of cards out there. The idea was to connect a small but decent amp to the card via RCA and run the sub & 2 speakers from the amp.

25-30CM Deep about 15-18CM Wide and 30-40CM High is what i'm looking at for the speakers. The sub i can easily fit it's just the desk space for the other 2 that could be a problem.

I live in Australia & while i've asked around a few boards i've not received too many replys so i ran across this place and thought id give it a go. I really need brands that i can pick up over hear & don't have to be shipped over other wise things just get messy. It's just that i have lost a few parcels from overseas and with the price of most of these goods i just couldn't afford it.

Prices wise... well this is a project so i'm willing to spend a bit say 2,000 Au (say 1,500 hundred US) or up to $2,500 if i have to. It's not much but i'm hoping that it'll be enough to get me a system like i said earlier that's a nice cos y middle between quality and afford ability.

Before i go i was wondering if any of you have heard about Equinox Audio from down hear in oz ? they are a small backyard company that supposedly makes decent hand made speakers. i'm just seeing if any one knows of them... it's very hard to find any info about them other then from the web site and one or 2 brief pages else where. This is one of the bookshelf speakers they make. It's sold at $820 a pair so about $600 US.

(Frequency Response 55-23,000Hz +/-3dB @ 1M
55-20,000Hz +/-3dB @ 3.5M
Efficiency 89dB @ 1W/1M
Impedance 4 Ohms nominal
Phase Response +/- 65 Degrees - 250hz to 20,000hz
Power Rating 20-60 wrms
Crossover 5 khz
Drivers 2 x 100mm 1 x 20mm
Dimensions H 330mm x W 160mm x D 310mm
Weight 8Kg
Cabinet 18mm MDF
« Previous Thread Next Thread »