Post Number: 1
Equipment
---------
Sony DVP-C660 CD/DVD Player
Sony Receiver STR-DB940
Optical digital cord
Coaxial Digital cord
Commander Remote

My problem is my center channel will have sound but later it will not have sound.

I have made sure that my center channel is working and all cable are secure (took Center channel to another player and the speaker works). I have made sure that all settings are correctly set in Audio(Dolby or DTS), I replaced the Coaxial IN(thinking that this cable may be falty...I jiggled it and my RECEIVER made a clicking sound and I lost sound from the Center channel) and added the Opitcal Cord(which I didn't have earlier).

I thought I had the problem solved and watched a movie with no problem. I came back the next day to watch another movie and NO SOUND from Center channel. I first changed the receiver to TUNER so I could see if the Center Channel would produce sound and it didn't(I wanted to make sure that setting in the DVD Player weren't changed). I wait a day and try my system again and this time the Center chnnel worked with both the DVD Player and my TUNER. What's my problem ?

I must add that I beleive there may be a short some place because before I seem to have this problem I can hear my receiver make a clicking Noise without me doing anything(no commands from the remote or manually). Can someone please help this is driving me crazy ?

Username: Sonyman

Post Number: 2
Since my last post the Center channel stopped working again. As soon as I power off the receiver and power back up the center channels works again. Do I have a receiver or Center channel problem ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5046
Verify that the center speaker is functionin gby hooking it up to another channel or at least another audio source. If it works, you have a receiver problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us